Agricultural Science Center at Artesia
The Agricultural Science Center at Artesia focuses on the research addressing the agricultural interests of the Pecos River Valley. Ongoing research includes fertility studies and manure use in crop production, integrated pest management, weed management, and performance evaluation of crop cultivars.
Corona Range and Livestock Research Center
The primary mission of the Corona Range and Livestock Research Center (CRLRC) is to enhance the understanding of woody brush innovation, hydrology, cow-calf production, and big game management and to develop innovative solutions to improve economic development in rangeland-bound communities.
Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas
The Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas performs research on agronomic and horticultural crops, and sustainable forming practices for the middle Rio Grande Valley and portions of central New Mexico. The ASC at Los Lunas is co-located with USDA-NRCS Plant Materials Center (PMC), whose mission is to develop native plant materials and effective plant technologies to address natural resource conservation needs in the southwestern United States.
Sustainable Agriculture Science Center at Alcalde
The Sustainable Agriculture Science at Alcalde is dedicated to research on sustainable agriculture and related issues that benefit small family farms and research in North Central New Mexico.
Agricultural Science Center at Clovis
Agricultural Science Center at Tucumcari
The Agricultural Science Center at Tucumcari focuses on developing forage and grazing systems for irrigated lands in New Mexico and the western United States. It also evaluates nontraditional crops for adaptation to the local area.
Clayton Livestock Research Center
Scientists at the Clayton Livestock Research Center conduct research on shipping protocols for cattle, particularly evaluating the health and performance of newly received cattle and nutrition and management from feedlot to slaughter. Other research involves irrigated pastures and native grasslands, including grazing and stocking densities on locoweed-infested pastures.
John T. Harrington Forestry Research Center at Mora
The mission for the John T. Harrington Forestry Research Center at Mora is to conduct research and outreach through New Mexico and beyond in the areas of forest biology, native plant production, forestation biology and Christmas tree production.
Agricultural Science Center at Farmington
The mission of the Agricultural Science Center (ASC) at Farmington is to provide research based information for small agricultural producers, industrial operators interested in natural resource management, rural and urban homeowners, and interested growers in the Four Corners region. The station works closely with the Navajo Agricultural Products Industry (NAPI).
Chihuahuan Desert Rangeland Research Center
New Mexico State University shall operate the Chihuahuan Desert Rangeland Research Center in order to protect and insure availability of its resources for teaching, research, and extension endeavors that benefit the citizens of New Mexico as originally declared in Congressional Act S4910, 1927. The mission will be:
The Chihuahuan Desert Rangeland Research Center will conduct educational, demonstrative, and experimental development with livestock, grazing methods, and range forage including investigation of the sustainability and management of natural resources and environmental ecosystems (NMSU Board of Regents, 2002).
Fabian Garcia Research Center
The first deed signed for Fabian Garcia Research Center happened in 1906 and was for 23.16 acres. Currently the center has 41.10 acres of land available. 11.15 acres were purchased from H.B. Machen in 1924, 12.72 acres were purchased from C.T. Turney in 1928, with 7.33 acres going to Interstate 10, and the last 1.40 acres were purchased in 1991 from B.J. Crump. Fabian Garcia, a professor of Horticulture from 1906-1945, once provided rooms right here on this farm to house poor Mexican-American students during their studies at NMSU. Fabian Garcia was named the first director of the State Agricultural Experiment Station in 1913. As a horticulturist he produced the first reliable chile pod, which was the beginning of the hot "Sandia" pepper.
Leyendecker Plant Science Center
Leyendecker headquarters is nestled amongst pecan trees that Mr. Max Johnson's grand dad, Crosby planted nearly 90 years ago. Max Johnson and his wife, Jo, lived in the same building before they sold it to Bobby Mayfield back in 1943. Leyendecker was purchased by the University in 1969 from B.M. Mayfield. The farm consists of 203.00 acres. Some of the projects occurring at Leyendecker are: Hoop house project, cotton, chile, alfalfa and onion plant breeding, precision farming, pecan research,drip irrigation research, and a multitude of other projects and programs.